Monday, November 29, 2010

Lucky me...a night off

Saturday night ended up being a late night. Russell's high school friends were in town and we invited them for dinner and games. Steve and Alene graduated a year after Russ. They both came along with their 3 lovely daughters, son-in-law and adorable grandson. Russell's friend Karl (remember the one he married) along with his new bride Kelei both went to school with Russ and they brought their 10 year old son. Torri, Bryce, Jordan, Kate and Weston joined us too. We had a yummy Mexican feast for dinner.  It was 8 hours of catching up on old times and laughing about those old times. Of course, I have NO pictures to document the event...you'll just have to take my word for it.

Sunday morning I woke up with a pounding headache. I jumped back in bed while Russ went to teach my primary class. I miss my sweet little CTR 4 class since last week was Stake Conference. However, I enjoyed every single minute of sleeping in and being lazy all day.

After sleeping a good portion of the day, I was pleasantly surprised when my work called to put me on-call Sunday night. I took the opportunity to climb back into my bed and snuggle down and watch the Hallmark movie on TV. It was called November Christmas. Such a sweet movie about how service and kindness can make a difference in another persons life. It just made me think about my dear friend Cathy. Last Wednesday she was given the results of her brain biopsy. It looks like Stage 4 cancer and not something we wanted to hear. I have spent Thanksgiving and most of the weekend in deep thoughts and prayer for my dear friend. Tonight the flood channels opened while watching this Christmas movie. If you are reading this, please say a prayer for my sweet friend. I believe in Christmas miracles.
Christmas movie # 6
November Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend. She will be in my prayers! I hope that all goes well for her. You are a wonderful friend and she is lucky to have you there supporting her!

    ReplyDelete