Well, it's official...St. Rose De Lima Maternal Child & NICU closed their doors Friday night at midnight. It has been an emotional roller coaster the past few weeks since no one knew if they would be placed in another job or laid off. Several nurses were moved to the other 2 St. Rose hospitals in Henderson. A few went to the ER, IMC and Case Management and then there was me. I was one of the lucky ones (I use the term lightly) to get laid off since I only had 18 months seniority at this hospital. Sure, I got my 3 weeks severance pay...but I would rather have my job working with my babies. I keep telling Russ I am officially retired but he's not buying my story. My plans for now are to survive the summer (wedding, graduation, 25th anniversary etc.) Then it is time for me to prioritize my life and remember why I really wanted to be a nurse. Time to get back to the basics and be with my family for awhile.


We've had fun taking pictures at work. I'm gonna miss these fabulous nurses! Working at Rose De Lima has been an incredible experience! These people are my family now. I've cried many tears knowing I won't be hanging out with them every day. Words cannot express how much I've learned and grown in just 18 months from each of them. I've never felt such unity and unconditional love like I have working here. We were a team, there were no seperate units (NICU, Post partum, Nursery, Labor & Delivery) we were all one! It was a dream job for me and deep down inside I knew it was too good to be true. I know I will never be able to find a place to work like this one. Sometimes change comes when we least expect it. I'm hoping this change can somehow be for the better.
I know your kids are pretty much grown and can fend for themselves, are you not interested in taking this opportunity to be a stay home mom at this point?
ReplyDeleteI thought I would love that idea but after being home for less than a week I'm going stir crazy.
ReplyDelete